Why choose Mark & Lisa?
Lisa and I believe in an upfront and honest approach in real estate. Friendly, approachable yet eminently professional, we work together to shoulder the stress of selling your property so you don’t have to.
We keep each other fully informed of the status of your property and are both ready to take it to the next step towards closing the deal. Sharing phone-calls, hosting inspections and open home means we are always fresh and relaxed and at the top of their game in representing your property interests.
Firstly here are a few short testimonials we have received
“Your professionalism & experience shone through and made the whole process trouble-free. We have no hesitation in recommending you to all.” - S&R Milner.
“In addition to an excellent result in the sale of our property, we also made two new friends.” - M&C Walls.
“We were introduced to Mark & Lisa through Richardsons Real Estate of Whitianga. Mark & Lisa did a stellar job marketing our property and hung in all the way for what ended up an arduous 7month journey. They were very dedicated and got us there in the end with a great price … We are pleased to be able to recommend them to others buying or selling on The Peninsula." - Anthony & Katie HC.
“Everyone needs an optimistic, friendly and professional team when selling their home, Mark Boyd & Lisa Nielson are that team” - Mitch & Claudina Herceg.
"Upon first meeting Mark and Lisa the experience was relaxed, informative and a pleasure to work with them both. All questions were answered promptly or if further information was required there response time was relatively very quick and precise. I have all faith in these two, very professional but also very personable which is not that common today." - Jenny and Graham.
Here is a list of what we do!
- Talk to you about your plans and get to know you a little bit
- Visit you at your property with a buyers eye to see what you could do to ready your property for the market – Read my Tips For Selling Your Home
- Determine the likely current value of your home based on other relevant and recent sales. Lisa and I have a great track record of accurate current market valuations
- Each property is so different. We look at similar properties and the current market to determine the best method of sale
- Determine an appropriate budget to expose your property to the biggest possible audience
- Workout a schedule and create a calendar to you know what will be happening and when
- Share all this information with you for as long as you require until all your question have been answered. At no point do we want you to feel mislead in any way
Hopefully, you entrust us with maximizing your properties value and 'list' your home with Lisa and me
What happens next:
- Fill out the agency agreement - This gives us the authority to advertise you home
- Book photography
- Write the advertising copy targeting the desired market for your property
- Meet photographer on site. Rearrange furniture and generally move stuff around, so the photographer gets the best shots possible
- Create the marketing in champaign with our in-house software - This is were all the sourses of advertising get their information from
- Order LIM from the local council
- Order the properties Title
- Print and bind this information for the open homes
- Assemble the directional signs for the open homes
Each week we:
- Put out the open home signs
- Flag up, and run the open home
- Register everyone that comes
- Take our signs down
- Follow up the open home attendees with a phone call and write down their feedback
- Write an activity report and meet with you on how it's going
- Repeat this till SOLD
Negotiate a sale:
- Write out a sale and purchase agreement
- Work with the purchaser to achieve the best possible purchase price for the vendor
- Send copies to the purchaser and vendor, and their solicitors
- Send originals to the purchaser's and vendor's solicitor
Other stuff - 'Challenges':
Unconsented works that may require visits to the local council
Defective titles (often with a cross-lease)
- Repairs that require trades people needing access for absentee vendors
After sales service:
- Organise a final inspection
- Release the key after notice of settlement
- Celebrate with you 🙂